When it comes to planning the most awesome wedding of the 2016 season, there are some trends you can implement to really knock your big day right out the park. From themes to decor, creative reception ideas and the latest photography trends, there’s something for every style bride. Check out how you can make the most of your special day and throw one killer wedding in 2016.
1. Vintage Elegance Wedding Style
If you’re looking for the most awesome trend this year in themes, you should be thinking Parlour Rooms, Hollywood Hotels and Art Deco.
● Dimly – but flatteringly - lit rooms with wallpaper and grand pianos.
● High Back velvet chairs and striped couches for seating.
● Any venue with vintage style lighting like electric wall sconces or crystal lamps on tables.
Fun and Stylish Decor
The most awesome trends in decor this year comes down to attention to detail! Forget using a boat load of decor, simple and elegant is the way to go. Whether you want to add a pop of color or create simple elegance with a centerpiece, here are the most awesome wedding trends for 2016:
2. Flagging Tape
If you have your heart set on trying out some unique, fun wedding trends -- instead of ribbon, you should be working with flagging tape. A cheaper alternative to ribbon, flagging tape comes in a plethora of designs and colors. It’s also super versatile:
● Build a beautiful backdrop for when you say your vows.
● Hang it from the ceiling of your venue to create depth and unique decor.
● Tie it to chair backs with flowers to really give your chairs some charm.
3. Blending Beautiful Colors
Forget the two color system of the past, brides in 2016 are choosing entire palettes for one sincerely awesome trend. This is great when choosing bridesmaid dresses, flowers and centerpieces.
● When you choose your theme, simply google “beach” or “Hollywood” color palette, and you can start compiling color ideas.
● Mix and match colors when it comes to bridesmaids and flowers for a total color explosion.
● Colors don’t have to be uniform, then can simply blend to create a gorgeous tone effect.
4. Forget The Flowers
Flowers are expensive and brides are finding awesome options to tone down the budget in 2016. When it comes to flowers, simply think outside the garden this year:
● Jeweled Bouquets
5. Creative Cocktails
Forget the traditional champagne reception, this year couples are going a bit more creative with beverages. Sit down with your partner in crime and come up with a few ideas of drinks you love or might fit with your wedding them. Think:
● Themed cocktail to your reception.
● Cocktails that add a pop of color and match your palette.
● Signature cocktails made from your favorite ingredients.
● His and Hers cocktails that really nail your personality.
6. Heritage Receptions
Family style dinners and heritage style meals are all the rage in 2016 weddings. Think big Italian family dinner where dishes are passed around the table rather than a formal catered experience.
● Long, family style reception tables.
● Table cloths and table runners for accents.
● Dishes served right on the table in lieu of buffets or catered three/five course dinners.
● Foods will have that home cooked, heritage feel to them.
● Self-serve cocktails and build your own food bars.
7. Mini Pairings
If you really like the idea of canapés and champagne, then there is one awesome wedding trend you should follow for your 2016 wedding. The mini-pairing. Cute, adorable, delicious bites of foods and mini drinks that are so scrumptious, you won’t be able to resist them:
● Milk and cookies
● Tomato soup and grilled cheese
● Sliders and mini-beers
● Tacos and tequila
● Bacon maple cupcakes and bourbon
● Mac n’ cheese cupcakes with bloody mary shots
● Deviled eggs and mini-martinis
8. Naked Cakes
That money you saved on flowers comes in handy when it comes to decorating these beautiful naked cakes! Cut your budget with greenery and top your cake with an array of garden roses or peonies.
9. Awesome Photography Do’s & Don’ts
The most awesome photography trends are all about highlights in 2016. Instead of recording every single moment and having to sift through thousands of shots, you should discuss simple highlights with your photographer/videographers.
● Movie Trailer style videos that are one to three minutes in length in lieu of three hour videos.
● Photographs that sincerely highlight your entire day in moments rather than a whole book of every single detail.
● Epic shots with nature as the backdrop that creates one specific moment between bride and groom.
10. It’s All About the Lighting
What would a romantic wedding be if it weren’t lit by decadent candlelight? Some of the best ideas tie in the Hollywood/Parlor style themes, too!
● Chandeliers and Candelabras
● Light up marquee letters
● Lanterns hung in trees
● Candlelight lit wedding aisles
● Crystal lamps on reception tables
● Edison bulbs strung along the dance floor
Bio: Making your wedding dreams come true is what provides the magic that runs Apropos Creations. From stunning Southeast Asian weddings that span several days to lush multi-cultural weddings, my goal is to plan and execute events with the kind of personal service and inspiring ideas that make the journey as easy as possible for you from start to finish.
I provide wedding planning and event coordination services for Metro Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Sedona, Arizona. Additionally, I specialize in planning destination weddings for San Diego, San Jose and San Francisco (among other bay area cities) along with the Philippines and other international destination wedding locations.
If you’re looking for an intimately personal wedding day with the flawless coordination that makes every memory a treasure, Apropos Creations has a wide range of wedding planning packages that will suit any budget. I pledge you my devotion in creating a wedding or event that is as unique as you are, leaving you with delightful memories that will last a lifetime.
Please get in touch! I’d love to hear what you have envisioned for your wedding day, and how to make your dreams come true as the best Arizona wedding planner or destination wedding planner. Call (480) 216-4630 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a complimentary consultation. You can also visit our website at www.aproposcreations.com. I can’t wait to help you make your dream wedding a reality!