The Pros and Cons of the Modern Retro Style
The modern retro style is the latest trend making waves in the design world. At some point, all of the old styles have a tendency to come back in fashion again. It happens all the time. And it’s happening again right now with a twist.
As an example, modern retro design is definitely back in style right now. And we will take a thorough look at the pros and cons after we spend a moment or two reviewing what this emerging trend is all about.
Sound good? Let’s get to it.
What Is Modern Retro Design?
At the end of the day, this design style is a throwback to an earlier time, but we’re not talking about going too far back. Basically, it’s a throwback to patterns and designs from the 70s, 80s and 90s.
We’ve all seen some of the hairstyles and clothes from these eras lately as they have made a big comeback. And now we are starting to see that designs are adopting some of the styles again as they begin to make a comeback as well.
Many people are referring to this trending style as an offshoot of nerd culture. And the great thing about this type of design is that it has a nostalgic feeling about it that you will certainly appreciate.
Ultimately, when you see modern retro designs, you’ll have an overwhelming feeling that you remember this particular style from a time not that far back in the past.
With modern retro, the majority the designs are focused on providing a fun, easy, and light feeling. So it’s considered a laid-back design that incorporates music themes, tech themes, bright colors, geometric shapes, pixel-based illustrations, neon, and other old-school retro trends.
The Pros of Modern Retro Design
As previously mentioned, there are many things to love about this style. So we are going to share our favorite pros and advantages of this trend with you today.
· Incorporates pixel-based styles – nothing screams the 1980s more than a pixelated design! You’ll immediately feel transported back to the fun and exciting new world of electronics that the 80s brought forth.
· It grabs your attention – this design trend incorporates many bright colors and interesting shapes into it style. These design patterns will really grab your attention and make you stand up and notice the cold designs as you enter a room.
· Modern retro is a fun way to turn something old into something new – at this point, you’re probably sick of incorporating the same traditional modern designs into your home. By getting with the program, you can think about replacing them – meaning your old designs – with interesting bright colors, geometric shapes, flat elements, neon styles, simple animations, custom typefaces and rich color palettes to name just a few things that you can do when you let your imagination run wild with possibilities.
The Cons of Modern Retro Design
With anything in life, certain things can bring up positive and negative experiences. Below are the potential pitfalls (cons) of this trend:
· Some of your friends and family members won’t get it – this design type isn’t for everyone. Some people will think your design choices are crazy, outrageous, and ultimately foolish.
· Trends come and go quickly – although modern retro is currently trending, this style may fade as fast as it reached its current level of popularity. So keep that in mind.
Are you ready to try something new? The modern retro style might be right up your alley.